Meeting the GENUINE TEST REQUIREMENT for the TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR VISA
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is an attractive option for Non-EEA citizens to become UK residents. It offers the opportunity to operate a business within the UK, bring your dependents with you, and work towards British Citizenship. However, one new challenge for applicants is the need to pass the Genuine Entrepreneur Test as part of their qualifications.
Under the new rules for the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, all applicants require successful completion of the Genuine Entrepreneur Test. This is in addition to the requirements for English language proficiency, a clear criminal record, and of course, available funds to invest in your UK business. You can find detailed information here about the UK government’s Guidance on the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.
What Is The Genuine Entrepreneur Test?
The Tier 1 Genuine Entrepreneur Test is designed to identify legitimate entrepreneurs who will contribute to the UK economy. The criteria include:
• You have a legitimate plan to set up, take over, or be a director of a business within the first half year of your visa start date
- o Have a detailed and professional business plan
- o Include education, business experience, and all other information that proves you are an entrepreneur with a solid plan for your UK business success
• You actually plan to invest your money in the business stated
- o The UKVI will not approve those who do not have sincere plans to operate as an entrepreneur within the country
• Your funds are readily available to you for your entrepreneur venture
- o Have access to at least £50,000 or £200,000 investment funds
- o The funds must be in your name, OR available to you through an investor, OR held in an account that is joint with your partner and the partner is not applying for a visa
• You do not intend to take paid work outside of your business
- o As part of this requirement, you must have funds to support yourself and your dependents at start up
- o The support money is in addition to the investment money
- o Current maintenance requirement guidelines for yourself:
- ◘ If you are in the UK seeking further leave to remain: £945
- ◘ If you are outside the UK seeking entry clearance: £3,310
- ◘ The money must have been in an account accessible to you for at least 90 days prior to your application
- o Current maintenance requirement guidelines for your dependant
- ◘ If you have been in the UK more than 12 months: £630 for each dependant
- ◘ If you have been in the UK for less than 12 months: £1,980 for each dependant
- ◘ The money must have been in an account accessible to you and/or your adult dependant for at least 90 days prior to your application
- o Your dependents are able to work under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa program, but you must have the support money at the ready during your application.
Good Information Will Support Your Application
Your documents, funds, business plan, background (such as education and experience), and relevant past history will all be taken into account by UKVI when reviewing your application. For more information about the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, you can watch our YouTube video here.
How YDVISAS Can Help
We are an award winning immigration firm known for our expert and individualized attention to each client. Check refusal / rejection statistics here. Our experience in Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa applications allows us to help you prepare a best possible application at the first time. We work with you to gather all relevant information to support your application, and present it in the format that allows UKVI to best see your qualifications and legitimate entrepreneur position.
For expert help with your Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa application, please call us at 020 7404 7933, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here. Our immigration experts are ready to help.